I’ve started a little series on how to migrate your MySQL applications and databases over to CouchDB. Most of the process is about how you think about your data, not about the database itself, the application, or the interface to the database storage. There are some use cases for data storage that lend themselves to the CouchDB document model that provides some advantages over the table-based structure in MySQL. The first part of the series is Moving from MySQL to CouchDB: Part 1.
Technology Communications Expert
Passionate about documentation and communicating information to users in a way which ensures readers know and understand the information that is being presented. I use different technology to present consistent factual content in multiple formats to make it easy to find and understand the information you need.
Top Posts & Pages
- Real-Time Replication from MySQL to Cassandra
- Real-Time Data Loading from MySQL to Hadoop using Tungsten Replicator 3.0 Webinar
- Getting Data into Hadoop in real-time
- Optimizing AIX 7 memory performance
- Building an RPN to Equation Parser
- SQL to Hadoop and back again, Part 3: Direct transfer and live data exchange
- Smart-er Watches | Safari Books Online's Official Blog
- Pert & Simple
- ZFS Replication for MySQL data
- Optimizing AIX 7 Network Performance
Tagsapple appledeveloperconnection articles backups big data book books cc commentary computerworld continuent couchbase couchdb couchone data databases data mining datamining debugging developmentenvironments docbook documentation dtrace eclipse example foss freesoftwaremagazine general grids hadoop hardware ibmdeveloperworks interviews java laptop linux linuxtoday linuxworldmagazine macosx memcached microsoft mysql mysql08 mysqlconf09 mysqluc08 notebook opensolaris opensource os presentation presentations programming queryanalysis rational replication reviews scripting serverwatch sitenews software solaris stepbystep sunsolaris systemadministration technology theappleblog tips tungsten-replicator unix virtualization webdevelopment webservers webservices windows xml